CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Wednesday, September 23, 2009

The Lost Symbol by Dan Brown

For the past five days I have been completely engulfed in the book. Yes it took me five days to read. I'm a slow reader.

But oooooohhh sweet sweet justice, was it good.

To clarify, I don't worship Dan Brown, he's not my hero, and I don't go spouting the things in his books and throw them in people's faces. I just enjoyed Angels and Demons, The Da Vinci Code, and The Lost Symbol insane amounts. I love thrilling page turners, and add history to the mix, and its my crack.

Anywho. The reason I like his books are because they challenge what you believe. What you thought you knew. And make you think. What if. Maybe. Maybe.... It's such an exciting feeling. To challenge the status quo. And the ending hit me hard. Really hard. I'm still digesting it. All I want to do is discuss this book with someone and talk about the ideas in it. I hope people arent turned off by the elements of God and religion in it. Yeah they play a role but not the main role. They arent the main focus in the book. Its actually more about wisdom, philosophy, and man. The potential of man. Its actually quite fascinating.

Sooo yeah. I really want someone else to read this book so I can talk about it with them. Thats what I really want. So I dont have to blog about it. Kthanksbye.