CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Saturday, March 27, 2010

Whats on my mind: James Dean edition


Photobucket


I'm currently reading a biography about James Dean by Val Holley, that I somehow decided to pick up after a series of events that began last semester in one of my Comm classes when Rebel without a Cause was referenced in a lecture about homosexuals portrayed in films throughout history, that led to me borrowing and viewing Rebel Without a Cause from my Nana, that led to me wanting to visit the Griffith Observatory AND ALSO finding the Warner Brothers studio tour that much more exciting when the tour guide took us through the house that they used in East of Eden and when she told us about how James Dean used to ride his motorcycle around the backlot, looking for soundstages that were filming, and rev his bike right outside the door and then drive away, which led me to actually watch the movies East of Eden and Giant, the only other two movies he had a starring role in.

See. A series of interesting events has led up to this moment. After all this I was like, Damn, I really need to know more about James Dean and old hollywood.

I'm always discoverin something new.


Photobucket