CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Thursday, May 8, 2008

Closing Time...

DUDE. I'm officially a sophomore in college. Weirrrd.

Goodbye, Penn State. Goodbye, Crazy Hazy. I will not miss the sleepless nights in South Hall, the annoying neighbors, the bad rap music, the pranks, that freakin hill, the snow, the drunkin fights, the whatever! See you in August, when I get to do it all over again!

BTW, I'LL BE SEEING YOU AT A FOOTBALL GAME NEXT YEAR! BITCHES! yesss!






So, to the real reason I wanted to post this...I just wanted to do a little reflection. This isn't going to be one of these posts where I talk about how much I've grown and learned and changed and overcome blah blah blah because...it wasn't one of those years for me. (been there, done that)
At the very least, this year just reinforced a lot of the stuff I already believed about my family, friends, God (yeah. what.), and myself. No epiphanies here. kthanks.

Concerning my family, I had some big blow ups this year. But I feel more appreciative of them. Defiantly.

About friends...well. This one is mixed. Sometimes I would come home and hang out with friends and it would be exactly the same as if we were still in high school. But...as they say...people change. I get that. But, let's be real here. I just hate being disappointed by people I care about, especially by a best friend. It's not a good feeling. And I'm not really sure what I'm going to do because I'm still bothered by it. Just...don't have a conversation with me saying one thing and then do the complete opposite. Something that I hate more than anything is a hypocrite. In this case, it's selfish, plain and simple.

(I love venting via blogging.)

Anyway, about God. When I was younger I always told myself that when I got to college I was done with religion. Like, peace out yo. I still believe that Kairos was a huge turning point. I've realized that no matter what, God will always be apart of my life, big way, small way, whatever. He's always there and I constantly remind myself of that. God=good.

And about myself. I didn't really learn anything about myself. What I mean is I feel like I knew myself pretty well already. Well, not with everything. But I won't go that far, if you catch my drift. If I even have a drift...? Point is, I know what I mean, and thats what counts. kthanxxx. ;-)

Sup, quotes?

"One's company, two's a crowd, and three's a party." - ANDY WARHOL

And this little exchange is from the movie Men in Black:

Will Smith: Why the big secret? People are smart. They can handle it.
Tommy Lee Jones: A person is smart. People are dumb, panicky, dangerous animals and you know it.


Amen, sister. A-MEN.


So, that was my little "freshman year" blog.

On to bigger and better things.