CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Thursday, August 27, 2009

Assessment of the First Week (HIGH FIVE)

Photobucket



I've gotten more used to the bus. Hahaha.

My communications classes were like I predicted: completely different. In a good way.

Class numero uno: Introduction to Media Effects. This class is basically the psychological effects media has on people. I love my professor. She's a frootloop. But she's awesome. She did her dissertation on the sexulization in horror/slasher movies. Hornos. Horror+porno= hornos. And we all looked at her like, thats disturbing is a really awesome way. So yeah. She's legit.

Class numero dos: Introduction to Mass Communication. My professor is dorky but awesome. Im so glad I love all of my professors. I didnt expect that at all. And like, these classes are exactly what I want. Their for my minor and they're about the kind of thing I want to be more involved with later. Media. Hmm.

But here is my HUGE issue. Im taking this class, BA297A. Which is like, everything that I have problems with condensed into this little one credit course. Interviewing, "marketing" yourself, resume writing, presentations, group projects, all that nonsense. This stuff isnt just limited to the business world. Whenever ANYONE wants to get a job, no matter what market or field, they need to have a good handshake, good cover letter, good resume, good interviewing skills, dress formally, show leadership skills, work well with others, "sell" oneself, and network network network. Especially now. Well, I have social anxiety issues. I start panicking in certain social situations. Especially THESE social situations. I just want to run as far away from this class as possible. But I can't. I know I need this class but I also know I'm going to get scared out of my mind. I already am, who am I kidding. I don't know, business people take themselves way too seriously and it intimidates me, if I'm being honest with myself. I dont know if its because they have to be or if they just think their better than everyone else.

I have three different career fairs to go to in one week. I have to prepare a 30 second thing to use to "market" myself to employers. I just have to network and sell myself out the ass for the next month at least and Im the kind of person that sees this stuff as a chore and not fun. Its a game that I dont want to play. But the thing is, I can't escape this no matter what I decide to do after college.

I could switch to an "easier" major and not have to deal with this stuff now at the moment, but eventually I will have to, and its not going to be any easier.

So. I just have to work through it. I realize that the situation is not as bad as I make it out to be. I KNOW that. But it doesnt make a difference in how my body reacts.

I'll figure it out. I'll get through it. I know I will. I'm just, venting my anxiety somewhere. Sometimes the best person to have a conversation with is yourself. Sometimes. LOL.

P.S. OMG. Bronne from the Real World Cancun goes to Penn State and is currently a senior. I will be taking advantage of all stalking opportunities. Will document any sighting here. Hopefully. =]

P.P.S. I love Jonas gifs.