CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Sunday, February 8, 2009

Berks County

Berks County Youth Center mention on The Office. Spazz attack. Anything that mentions good ole Berks County makes me spazz. Haha. There was an article about it in the Reading Eagle today too.

WHICH REMINDS ME. There's an episode of Boy Meets World that mentions Reading. During the third season, when Sean's dad Chet is out looking for their mom, he stops at a truck stop in Reading and Sean meets him there. I remember being like OMG AH I LIVE THERE. Pottstown, which is 10 minutes away, also has a cameo. The episode with the world's largest yogurt cup. Or something with yogurt. It's the first episode of season 4 I believe.

I know this because I'm awesome. Obviously.

As far as I know there is no such thing as the world's largest yogurt cup there.

I love Berks County. I've come to appreciate it recently. As in, in the last several years.

The city of Reading has been doing a lot to try and revive itself, which is pretty nice. And there's definetly a huge difference between 10 years ago and now. But I think its facing a few setbacks with the economy. Like, the part of Reading where Central Catholic is located, the Southside, is getting worse. Which sucks. It was already kind of ghetto anyway....

Plus. Berks County is also the home of some pretty cool things/people.
Taylor Swift, obviously. She's so huge now. That's nucking futs.
Jon and Kate plus 8. They moved but, they did use to live in Wyomissing.
Yuengling beer
Luden's cough drops (Central Catholic High School is the Luden family's old mansion. Yes, it is falling apart. And its haunted. I miss it.)
Snyder's Pretzles
Icy Tea (or maybe thats Lancaster County...who cares, it works.)
and Boscov's! I love that store. A lot.

Thats all I can think of off the top of my head.

However, when I think of the future and where I see myself in 5-10 years, it's not in Berks County. But who knows. What I want to do requires me to be in a big city. Well actually, my dream job is in California, so, yeah. haha. We'll see.

Whenever I come home from Hazleton and pass the BERKS COUNTY street sign, or see the Pagoda when driving up 222, I get really excited. I just know that whenever I leave Berks County, I miss it.

See. I can be sentimental.

Photobucket