This weekend was amazing and sucked at the same time.
I shall only jot down the amazing parts. The bad parts can suck it. =]
Okay so Saturday was my birthday. Twenty years old. I actually like the idea of not being a teenager anymore. So anyway just had a small celebration with a cake and stuff.
But Saturday night I went to my friend Anyeri's house. We were really good friends in high school but she transferred to Wilson senior year, and we talked less and less and saw each other less and less as time went by. But we're still friends and catch up and whatnot.
So actually, Saturday night she was haveing a going away/birthday part. She's leaving to go to spend this semester in Florida, and also her birthday is in a week as well.
It was really cool because after we all sang happy birthday for her she was like "Now Jenn since it actually is your birthday come up here and we'll sing happy birthday to you!" So I got to make two birthday wishes! Haha.
There was also a priest there. Random. We talked about Hazleton.
But he was a cool priest. Not a creepy one. =D
It was a fun night. (I had no shoulder!) Good food. Good friends. Good music. Watched the Breakfast Club when most people left. Good birthday.
So today, Sunday, my dad and I went to see Slumdog Millionaire. And, oh my God. This phrase gets overused but legit, it was one of the best movies I've ever seen. It was so good. It was hard to watch at times though. (Cheetah Girls One World made me want to visit India. Slumdog Millionaire changed my mind within the first 5 minutes. Is that bad?) But the story, the characters, the cinematography, the music score, everything. Bloody Brilliant.
I'm pulling for that at the oscars. <3
Sunday, February 1, 2009
Birthday Weekend
Posted by Jenn Carpenter at 8:22 PM
Labels: Birthday, Slumdog Millionaire
